Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sept. 19th 2013

Wow, I can't believe that fall is almost here. Although in Southern California you wouldn't know that :) but at least our temperatures are going down and its not as hot and muggy as it has been. Honestly we live in a house without air. I guess when the house was built, way back in the day, they figured we didn't need air since we live so close to beach. Well I say blah to that, because guess what, it does get hot here, and let me tell you its no fun. My poor boys, when its very hot, always say to me " I'm so sweaty" and of course all I can say "I know hon" and I feel so bad for them. So I will welcome fall with open arms, as long as the temperature stay nice.

Well, since starting my blog, way for ever ago, I've done so much with my business. I've actually have my own site at www.jewelrybyrmsmith.com. There's not much to it yet, but I am always working on it. I now offer over 400 items on etsy store, so it takes awhile to get all of those items on my actually site. I will still keep with etsy, because honestly etsy is a great site to sell off. I know a lot of seller have issues with etsy but if you have a product that people want and really work towards marketing yourself how every you can, etsy can really work for you. Its a great outlet to work with to get started and learn a lot about selling handmade online. I believe etsy can open up a wide horizon for any seller in the handmade community. The key is not to set all your hope and dreams in etsy but to help you really get out there, so that you can get known and hopefully grow as a seller to sell at other venues like your own site, craft shows, and whatever else is out there to sell on or sell at.

I never dreamed of my little store doing so well but it has and keeps going strong. Some days I get down when sells aren't there or aren't coming in as fast as I would like them, but I got remind myself, this is the way of a work at home mom selling handmade in a retail market. But if I keep my eyes on God and keep my strength in him, then I am reminded of all things he has done for me and my little personalized store.

So my verse today and is something to always remember with God is
2 Corinthians 5:7 -  For we walk by faith, not by sight - NKJ




                               Follow Me Hand Stamped Necklace by Jewelry by R.M.Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment